Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Farmer Market Vendors

Pawtucket Wintertime Farmers Market located in the Hope Artiste Village (1005 Main St., Pawtucket, RI) was the first farmer’s market that I have been into that was located indoors.  Hope Artiste Village is a very cute mill that has a creative mix of art studios, café, and some retail shops.  While looking at different vendors I decided to walk into one of the art studio; One Way Gallery Hope is a doing a solo opening reception on “No Rest For The Wicked” by the artist Reason.  So if you have the chance, you should definitely check out his artworks because it is amazing! 



Pawtucket Wintertime Farmers Market is a good place to go with your friends and family to either browse or shop because they have so much variety to choose from.  The two vendors that I cam across was Eva Ruths and Jack's Snacks.

Eva Ruths

Eva Ruths is a bakery that is located in Middletown RI and they are known for their wheat free and gluten free products.  This bakery caught my attention because I used to work at a gluten free bakery in New York.  The owner Christian and I started talking about the gluten free products and I got to try one of their gluten free raspberry muffins and it was delicious!

Eva Ruths is sustainable because not only do they go to different farmers markets and own a bakery.  But they also retail to many supermarkets, which is located here if you ever want to purchase their baked goods.  The products usually range from $4.00-$12.00, which is very reasonable for specialty goods.  All the products are handmade year round and all the essential products for the food is purchased at Restaurant Depot, which is a wholesale store for restaurant owners who needs to purchase products in larger quantities. 



Jack's Snacks

Jack’s Snacks is another vendor located in Warwick, RI.  I was browsing for some dog treats for my dog Vince and we both realized that we both own rescued pit mix.  Some people believe that pit bulls are a vicious breed; so meeting another owner who rescued this loving breed makes me happy and I knew I had to buy some of the biscuits for my dog.  I ended up buying the garlic chicken flavor biscuits for my dog and as you can see in the photo Vince is the happiest dog on the planet!   
Not only do they sell dog snacks, but they also collaborate with vendors from the New England area and sell some of their dog accessories.  If you like to spoil your dog with handmade biscuits, you should definitely check out Jack’s Snacks!The prices range from .75 cents-$21.00 depending on what you purchase.




Fun Fact:
  • She would have not started her business if it were not for her loving dog Jack!
  • Jack had a big influence on the different flavors of biscuits
  • All of the biscuits that are out of season (holiday theme snacks) and also the biscuits that are about to expire go to the local Animal Shelter.
  •  They now create birthday cakes for do

      These two companies sell similar products, but target to different customers. Both companies sell freshly baked goods and sell it around the Rhode Island area.  Not only that, but they support other New England businesses by selling other company products or just by having their products in other local stores.  You guys should definitely check out these stores because their products are amazing.

-Ellissa Cho
Follow us on Twitter at @BryantMKT421

a


2 comments:

  1. Great pictures, Ellissa! I love that your dog enjoyed the treats! I like how you were able to relate to these vendors, since you have a dog and have experience working in a gluten free bakery similar to Eva Ruths. I think that makes the sustainability factor a lot more relevant to us when we are able to personally connect. I also really enjoyed your fun fact section, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, One Way Gallery Hope had some amazing pieces. I enjoyed strolling through their studio. It's also wonderful that you were able to share your market experience with your dog Vince.

    ReplyDelete